Gunsmith and Armorer
Langdon Tactical Technology, Inc.
Gilbert, AZ/Mesa, AZ
Assemble, Disassemble, Service and Perform gunsmith duties on pistols, shotguns and perform operational activities according to the essential duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Provide basic gunsmithing services including, installing and adjusting sights, trigger jobs, crowning, assembly, cleaning, basic to major diagnosis and repairs of foreign and domestic firearms, after-market customization's including building custom firearms per customer needs.
- Have the ability to use and make necessary gunsmithing tools required to complete specific jobs.
- Attention to detail and personal responsibility in work output, inventory management and final product delivery.
- Candidate must have a high level of mechanical competency that can easily understand firearm schematics and be able to use them to disassemble and reassemble firearms without supervision or direction.
- Be organized and be able to show their workspace clean enough to be visible to customers.
- Have the ability to work with hand tools and machine tools like buffing and polishing wheels, deburring tools, hand stoning, lathes and presses.
- Be knowledgeable and meticulously detailed in proper intake, modification, and release of firearms in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, as well as all OSHA requirements pertaining to the usage of safety equipment, proper disposal and usage of chemicals and other hazardous materials.
- Repair, service, and (at times) test fire customer pistols sent to the factory. Replace obsolete, third-party, worn or broken parts, and return all third party parts to the customer.
- Thoroughly clean and pre-inspect all customer pistols before submitting for final inspection
- Occasional weekend work may be required
Requirements to be considered:
- Exemplary customer service skills are our number one requirement.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50lbs.
- Attendance at a formal 1-2 year accredited in-house gunsmithing program, with proof of completion.
- Former Law Enforcement armorer for an agency with DA/SA Pistols (not required, but a plus)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, pre-skills, and/or abilities needed to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified employees or applicants with disabilities.
- Leadership Communication Relationship Management
- Ethical Practice Critical Evaluation Time Management
- Conflict Resolution Analytical Thinking Adaptability
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or a GED
- 1-2 year Gunsmith School Program
Licenses and Certifications: **
- A Beretta Armorer Certificate (not required, but a plus!)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to regularly use fingers and hands to install parts, clean, and test fire pistols. The employee is also required to regularly lift and carry boxes up to 50 pounds. Personal safety protective equipment is required.
Experience in maintenance repair of pistols or in handling pistols/firearms.
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but may require some work outside of these hours.
Shift: Day Job
Primary Location: US-AZ-Gilbert, AZ
Job: Maintenance & Repair
SEND YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO firstname.lastname@example.org, ATTN: CAREERS. Resume's will not be accepted without a cover letter submission.